ALTHOM is a high performing service provider in the fields of Engineering, R&D, Tech data & Technical Documentation, Process, Methods and Tools consulting & development, with locations in Germany and Greece.
Currently, we are looking for an R&D Engineer, preferably with a mechanical & aeronautics background and possessing a strong background in the areas of Design for Additive Manufacturing and production processes.
The R&D Engineer will be part of an international engineering development team, involved in the examination of hybrid structure manufacturing approaches combining additive and conventional manufacturing of lightweight air vehicle structures.
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
The main objective of the research project is to investigate and analyze hybrid manufacturing strategies, in an overall approach of intelligent combinations of additive and conventional manufacturing processes.
The study aims at exploring bionic design concepts for lightweight design and functional optimization, and the formulation of methodologies for optimized separation between Additive & Conventional manufacturing.
- Identify functional, load –relevant and variant component areas
- Investigate subdivisions into integral and differential component areas
- AM design, integration of topology optimization and bionic features
- Study bionic design concepts for lightweight design and functional optimization
- Develop intelligent design concepts for optimized separation between AM and conventional manufacturing
- Lightweight design for material reduction and saving of resources during use of the parts
- Derivation of interface design and joining technology
- Optimize material usage with separated process steps
- Verification of the developed process and material model based on a generic member geometry
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, preferably Aeronautics, or similar field with specialty on Design for Additive and conventional manufacturing processes.
- Experience with CATIA V5, or similar 3D CAD system
- Experience in parametric 3D design, material modeling and FE simulation
- Applied knowledge of Additive Manufacturing principles both for design and production
- Strong Background in computational mechanics
- In-depth understanding in research data organization, analysis, validation and interpretation
- Creative thinking and innovation approach for solving complex and multidisciplinary technical problems
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including specification development
- Knowledge of German will be considered as a strong plus
- Experience as developer in similar research projects
- Background in design of lightweight aeronautic materials will be a plus
- Flexible and open minded with good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet the required deadlines
Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications
- A vibrant, friendly, and highly motivating working environment
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Opportunity to get involved in an applied industrial project dealing with cutting edge and disruptive technologies
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send your CV in English to email@example.com quoting AM_HYBRID into the subject line.
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.