About TWD Technologies Ltd.
TWD is in search of a Piping Designer to work and get trained under our Canadian office at Burlington, ON.
TWD TECHNOLOGIES is an international Canadian firm with 250+ employees and 8 offices across Canada, 1 office in the US and 1 office in EU.
For 23 years now TWD is active in the energy and infrastructure sectors, such as: oil&gas, pipelines, renewables, terminalling & blending, chemical processing, power, metals & mining, infrastructure, food, beverage & pharmaceuticals, offering our specialty services to our clients through our full EPCM services package, with the capability to complete turnkey projects.
This work placement will give the ability to the trainee to come in contact with colleagues across our Canadian and US offices and work under a competitive environment of an international company. The trainee will also have the chance to get trained on the corporate systems and processes of TWD, as well as on specialized technical softwares and Canadian and American codes and standards.
Lastly the candidate will come in contact with colleagues of all the engineering departments of the company, in order to get a spherical understanding of the multidisciplinary environment.
Piping Designer Trainee
Burlington, ON, Canada
- September - November: Candidate Selection
- December - January: Hire and start at our Greek office & Work permit and travel preparation
- February - March: Arrival in Canada
What’s In It For You
- Mostly home office type work – there may be opportunities to work from our client(s) or project construction site from time to time
- Traveling to other TWD’s offices for a period of time may be required
- Gain new skills and experience
- Appointed a mentor
- Explore, network, develop working relationships
- Opportunity to continue your career at our Greek operations office TWD HELLAS, upon successful completion of your internship
- Greek citizen
- Age 18-35 inclusive, per International Experience Canada (IEC) requirements
- In compliance with Covid-19 travel restriction policy of Canada
- Valid passport for the duration of the internship
- 1-3 years relevant working experience with an engineering consulting firm or similar environment; construction experience is desirable
- Fulfilled military obligations (in case of a male applicant)
- Minimum of a MEng. or BSc degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal communication is a necessity
- Commitment and enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Proficient in MS Office and related tools such as Word and Excel
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D drafting and Plant 3D
- Experience in Analytical systems, Gas Chromatography, Sample handling and Analyzer shelters would be an asset
- GPA 7/10 or higher is desirable
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Accumulate specific information to expand the outline specification and further define the scope of work as well as prepare basic working drawings and performs calculations in support of broader engineering activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principals
- Beginner to Intermediate skills with drafting tools: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, AutoDesk Plant 3D, MicroStation and/or CADworx
- Able to conduct detailed calculations to ensure that designs meet engineered standards and applicable codes
- Experience with multiple phases of projects including preliminary and detailed design, tendering, construction supervision and commissioning is considered an asset.
- Prepare related engineering drawings
- Review vendor drawings to assure compliance with specifications and requirements of the project.
- Assist engineers in preparing, coordinating, and reviewing deliverables for the discipline to develop engineering skills in a variety of project related tasks.
- Find and apply relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern.
- Assist with report writing and client solutions.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure there are no conflicts or interferences between disciplines.
- Must ensure that all design work is within the preliminary scope definition and complies with all applicable building codes.
- Quality oriented
- Time management
- Creative and innovation thinking
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgement
- Planning and organizing
- Communication – all types
- Strong client facing capability is preferred
Find What You Need To Know About Us Here
We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources Team.