Every year, the EPO offers a limited number of three to six-month internships to engineering and science students who already hold a bachelor's (or equivalent level) degree.
This is a unique opportunity to discover one of the world's leading patent offices and to work in a truly international environment. Interns work side by side with examiners who tutor them throughout the internship. They carry out complex re-classification work on patent applications and receive training relating to patents and other areas of IP, and various aspects of an examiner's work.
Βασικό αντικείμενο απασχόλησης:
As an intern, you will
- receive training relating to IP in general, the patent granting process and classification systems, and the tools used by examiners
- re-classify patent applications under the supervision of an examiner
- get an insight into the latest R&D trends
- report on your experiences to your tutor and the HR department
- mechanical engineering
- be a national of one of the EPO member states.
- hold a bachelor's degree (or equivalent qualifications) at the starting date of the internship, preferably in one of the above mentioned technical fields.
- have been enrolled in a college or university no more than 2 years prior to the date of application.
have a very good knowledge of English.
Knowledge of technical French and/or technical German would be an advantage.
working hours : per default 40 hours/week.
If this is not possible, please indicate in your cv/motivation the number of hours that you are available. Full time presence is required during the initial training and follow-up training days.
duration : per default 6 months.
Please indicate on the application form if you are only available for a shorter period.
- provide evidence of your own health insurance.
- The EPO makes a contribution towards living costs. It does not cover any other expenses.
- Two days leave per month, in addition to the Official holidays.
- Opportunities to participate in social events such as the activities of clubs and societies.
In the online application form please select other placement and in the tab 'Training area' selectScience & Engineering Autumn 2012 for the location you are interested in.
The deadline to apply for the Autumn session is 15.6.2012.
In your cv/motivation letter you should clearly indicate the following:
- the period that you are available. Per default this is a period of 6 months, 40 hours/week.
- the educational/vocational training you have done. And the diploma or qualification you have obtained.
- provide details on the subjects of your main studies.
- provide details on your language skills.
Learn more about our internship programme and apply: www.epo.org/internship