The Department of Employment, Career and Liaison, seeks to offer high quality services to students, graduates and postgraduate students of the University of Patras.
Specifically, the Department ensures:
- The organization and coordination of the Internship at the University, the support of the Departments that implement Internship and the cooperation with the competent scientific managers.
- Monitoring the implementation of the procedures for the implementation of the Internship, recording and evaluating results for the needs of feedback and re-evaluation of the relevant actions.
- The development and promotion of networking procedures and the development of collaborations with other Institutions and bodies or companies of the public and private sector for Internship issues.
- The provision of employment and career counseling services through individual or group sessions, seminars and workshops on topics such as writing a resume, writing a cover letter, exploring interests and job preferences, etc. in order to facilitate the integration of University graduates in the labor market.
- Providing information to students and graduates of the Foundation on the labor market, as well as employment opportunities and opportunities for postgraduate studies and training / research in Greece and abroad, for scholarships, vocational training programs, training seminars and conferences.
- Counseling support to students and graduates, both in the job search process and in the postgraduate application process (writing a CV, letters of recommendation, preparing for a selection interview, etc.).
- Providing information to those interested in the labor market and employers, employment opportunities in the private and public sector.
- The organization of informative events, workshops, seminars and conferences for the better information of students and graduates on issues related to employment and access to the world of work.
- The development and editing of information and consulting material in printed and electronic form, on the issues within its competence.
- The constant updating of the website of the Department with announcements for jobs, scholarships, postgraduate programs, counseling seminars, etc., and the updating of the interested services on the actions, decisions and regulations of the Foundation on the issues of its competence.
- The preparation of material, compilation and publication of consulting and information material for the services provided by the University of Patras, the subject matter of the Departments and the professional prospects of the graduates.
- Supporting the conduct of research on the professional development of graduates of the University of Patras, the employability of its graduates, as well as labor market trends.
- The collaboration with the Alumni Office of the University of Patras.
- The administrative support of the operation of the Student Counseling Committee in matters of Career and of the members of the Teaching and Research Staff who act as Advisers of Studies.
Acting Head: Panagiota Michalakea, tel: +30 2610997997
Fotini Patoucha, tel.: +30 2610 996630, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org