What we're looking for:
Software Engineer - Hybrid Multicloud Products and Services
As a Software Engineer you will have responsibility for the development of software features for our Hybrid Multicloud products, services and solutions. You will join a crack team of experienced and talented software engineers based in Patras Greece, with years of history delivering high-quality carrier-grade products and cloud services, in a fast-paced business environment, and will have the potential to collaborate with fellow engineering teams across the globe.
This position requires passion for building software and offers the opportunity to increase your skills and competencies to new levels. Our market leadership and large installed Customer base also present a unique opportunity to experience real-life deployments and problem-solving techniques that will become an invaluable individual career asset.
Develop, unit-test, performance-test, debug, troubleshoot, maintain software features for our products and services, existing or new, based on the Linux platform
Contribute to writing software requirements, design specifications, and to task effort estimation
Develop code using high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python)
Interact with senior internal personnel, to consider project approaches, select methodologies, jointly plan tasks, and coordinate your activities with fellow engineers
Establish and maintain thorough documentation of your work; assist with review of technical specifications’ documentation
Follow established practices and procedures, to achieve overall project performance, schedule, and quality standards
Engage in continuous learning, both on the job and through available technical training, to develop knowledge and skills
Qualifications and Requirements
The position requires a Software Engineer professional with 2+ years of related work experience in software development, preferably in Linux; or a holder of an MSc or higher degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) with a specialization directly relevant to our product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education
- Proficiency in one or more high-level Object-Oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C or Python)
- Expertise implementing, unit testing, debugging and integrating code of moderate complexity.
- Experience in Cloud services development and deployment
- Knowledge of the Linux O/S
- Strong foundation and discipline in software engineering processes
- Solid understanding of networking and data communications
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Team player
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Ansible
- Knowledge of source-control management concepts and tools
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience contributing to or collaborating on open source software projects
- Knowledge and experience with OOAD principles and methodologies
- Experience programming for UN*X systems including shell scripting and development toolchain
- Working knowledge of networking and data communications
- Experience with multi-threaded programming on Linux
- Experience with network programming on Linux
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-no...
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.