What we’re looking for
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have responsibility for the design and development of software features for our Networking and Security products and services. You will join a crack team of experienced and talented software engineers based in Patras Greece, with years of history delivering high-quality carrier-grade products and global cloud services, in a fast-paced business environment, and will have the potential to collaborate with fellow engineering teams across the globe.
This position requires passion for building cutting-edge software, with scalability, performance, security, and offers the opportunity to increase your skills, competencies and innovation to new levels.
Our market leadership and large installed Customer base also present a unique opportunity to experience real-life deployments and problem-solving techniques that will become an invaluable individual career asset.
- Design, Develop, unit-test, performance-test, debug, troubleshoot, maintain software features for our products and services, existing or new, based on the Linux platform
- Contribute to writing software requirements, design specifications, to planning, to task effort estimation
- Interact with senior personnel, to consider project approaches, select methodologies, jointly plan tasks, and coordinate your activities with fellow engineers
- Establish and maintain thorough documentation of your work; assist with review of technical specifications’ documentation
- Follow established practices and procedures, to achieve overall project performance, schedule, and quality standards
- Engage in continuous learning, both on the job and through available technical training, to develop knowledge and skills
Qualifications and Requirements
The position requires a Software Engineer professional with 4+ years of related work experience in software development, preferably in Linux; or a holder of an MSc or higher degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) with a specialization directly relevant to our product lines.
- Proficiency in C, C++ or similar programming language
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, shell programming)
- Development experience on Linux/*X systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education
- Expertise implementing, unit testing, debugging and integrating code of moderate to high complexity.
- Experience with testing automation
- Strong foundation and discipline in software engineering processes
- Strong quality-oriented mentality through thoughtful architecting, design, prudent testing
- Knowledge of source-control management concepts and tools (such as Git, Perforce)
- Solid understanding of networking and data communications, TCP/IP protocol stack
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Team player
- Commercial experience designing and developing scalable networking software
- Commercial experience in securing existing software
- Commercial experience designing and developing security software
- Experience in integrating 3rd party components, features, services
- Experience in low-level O/S development
- Experience with Wide Area Networking
- Experience collaborating efficiently with Customers and Field personnel, with a passion to diagnose, troubleshoot and help address real Customer situations in an effective manner
- Experience in high-performance, high-availability, multi-threaded software architectures
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Cloud services or micro-services development and deployment
- Experience in coaching of fellow engineers
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.