The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Research and Innovation position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework of a H2020-funded project MonB5G (Grant Number 871780).
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department.
The MonB5G project will start on the 1st of November 2019 and is led by the SMARTECH Department. The aim of the MonB5G project is to deploy a novel autonomic management and orchestration mechanism framework by heavily leveraging distribution of operations together with state-of-the-art AI-based mechanisms for 5G and Beyond Networks gathering efforts from 12 partners from 8 European countries.
DEADLINE TO. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: 31 OCTOBER 2019
Apply here: http://www.cttc.es/apply/?id=11694
The selected candidate will:
• Become a member of the research team of the MonB5G project and the SMARTECH Department
• Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Zero Touch Networks, Network Slicing, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, experimental validation.
• Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
• Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals related to the MonB5G project
• Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
• Outstanding oral and writing English skills
• Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
• Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G such as Network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/MEC/NFV
• Good knowledge of radio resource allocation and management
• Intermediate experience in Hands-on on wireless network platforms
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
• Intermediate knowledge with some of the following tools: Linux and coding, Container and Virtualization technologies, OpenStack, SDN, Monitoring tools
• Analytical skills in the areas of optimization or machine learning are a benefit.
• Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
• Career distinctions and awards
• Basic experience in preparation of EC funded research grant proposals.
• Ability to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
A full-time fixed term contract of an initial duration of 12 months is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of MonB5G project, in October 2022. The starting date is flexible from December 2019-January 2020. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience of the successful candidate. The salary will be in the range between 28.000 and 40.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name of three referees (including their contact details such as email address, etc.)
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
These documents should be sent in PDF format through this online application.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.