ALTHOM is a high performing service provider in the fields of engineering, technical publications, and software development with locations in Germany and Greece.
ALTHOM offers structural analysis, thermal and fluid analysis, stress reports, and contributes to structural optimization and development for minimum material consumption. ALTHOM covers mechanical, civil, industrial, and electrical engineering within the fields of aerospace, renewable energy, shipbuilding, and plant engineering and construction. In addition, we provide technical publications in compliance with all applicable technical regulations and appropriate international specifications & standards.
Are you a motivated Electrical Power Engineer with strong technical skills and proven hands-on experience in Power electronics? Are you looking for a new professional opportunity? If so, we would like to meet you.
Full time, in Patras, Western Greece
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
As a Power Electronics design engineer you will work in a team of engineers within our company and in close cooperation with the customer R&D team (Wind Turbines OEM) on the following topics:
- Evaluation of technical solutions & requirements’ detailing.
- Development of design solutions related to electronic, power systems, control & generator design and production of detailed technical specifications.
- Components & electronics equipment validation.
- Review & Assess technical solutions developed by project/product teams
- Identify potential for improvement of process, system, or equipment
- Liaise with other suppliers and departments
- Ensuring compliance with prescribed processes, guidelines and regulations
- Ensuring occupational safety aspects and the given budget within the project
- Resolving conflicts and possibly escalating to the project organization / PAG with decision recommendation
- Creation of internal documentation and reports
- Trustworthy handling of reports, financial statements, information or metrics
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering, preferably from Electrical Energy & power systems sector
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Power Electronics design & validation, preferably in the area of Wind Turbine power electronics and renewable energy. (power conversion, control systems)
- Field Failure Data, Site Failure Reports
- Electrical functional description / specification / design based on specification
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills in English (reading/writing/reporting)
- Knowledge of German language will be considered as plus
Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications
- A vibrant, friendly, and highly motivating working environment
- Opportunities for training and professional development
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting PE into the subject line.
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.