Call for Junior Software Engineer
About Innovation Sprint
Innovation Sprint is a technology startup in the Clinical and Healthcare industry that offers edge technological solutions and services. Our team combines ICT, medical and data analytics expertise to improve health and pharmaceutical products and services, and to develop personalised healthcare solutions.
The company has headquarters in Brussels and R&D in Athens. We are currently recruiting for our Athens office.
Find out more at www.innovationSprint.eu
Innovation Sprint is looking for junior Software Engineers who are eager to improve their knowledge, ambitious to excel as individuals together within the company. The ideal candidate will design and develop cutting-edge web and mobile solutions for different application areas. Will work in a creative and collaborative environment implementing innovative solutions for research, open-source and industrial projects.
• Contribute in the development of new or the maintenance of existing software systems.
• Work as a part of a development team following scrum methodologies
• Maintain a high level of quality in testing and release of deployed code
• Maintain a high level of rigor in source control
• Maintain a high level of quality by effectively documenting work
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
• Enforce standards and best practices
• Be Involved in research projects
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Maths
• Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles and practice.
• Knowledge of the MVC pattern for web-app building, either in the MS stack the company is using, i.e. C#/.Net Core, or in alternatives like Java/Spring, Python/Djago, etc.
• Knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of databases (relational and/or non-relational)
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Problem solving and innovative thinking
• Teamwork & collaboration
• Basic project management skills to track project work and manage/review work of team
• Achievement & results orientation
• Experience using version control systems
• Basic knowledge of client-server and Internet systems architectures
• Basic knowledge of Bash
• Basic knowledge of DevOps and containerized services
Date of hiring: immediate, as soon as a successful candidate is found
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV. A (GitHub) portfolio of developed systems and names of referees will be appreciated. Address your responses to email@example.com.