Advent Technologies is looking to hire a Software Engineer for fuel cell stack development in Patras/Greece
The Software Engineer role will be responsible for the design and development of embedded software and diagnostic solutions for Advent fuel cell systems. By maintaining current software platforms and also designing new software solutions to enhance fuel cell system functionality, the Software Engineer will help deliver high quality products to our customers in the field.
- Design, develop and implement embedded software solutions for fuel cell systems to yield improved performance and ease of interfacing.
- Specific design and development responsibilities include:
- Embedded drivers for various boards
- Windows programs to interface/test embedded software/devices
- Diagnostic software and algorithms
- Ensure software solutions meet rigorous quality standards.
- Regularly analyze software solutions and make ongoing improvements to increase product quality.
- Debug/test hardware and embedded products within systems as required.
- Maintain current documentation of all software phases
- Commit to ongoing cross-functional collaboration to better understand technology requirements and calibrate design efforts accordingly.
- Support project teams and collaborate as needed to meet project objectives.
- BS in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or other relevant field of study.
- At least 3 years of experience in real-time embedded software development.
- Experience with version control software.
- Excellent knowledge of software design theory, and hardware subsystems
- Knowledge in reading PCB schematics and data sheets for components
- Knowledge of fuel cell systems a plus.
- Experience with any or all of the following highly preferred:
- NXP Coldfire (MCF52258) and ST Micro ARM (STM32F7xx)
- Driver development experience including Ethernet, Web Interfaces (HTTPS), SNMP, TFTP, RTOS, CAN, USB, SPI Drivers, Bootloaders, A/D etc.
- Fluency in C/C++, Assembler
- Database and Excel experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Results-oriented and driven work style.
- Excellent task-oriented follow-through.