Research positions in Communication, Networking, Satellite and Radar Systems
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire highly qualified Researchers at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), in particular for the SIGCOM research group, headed by Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas and Prof. Björn Ottersten, which focuses on signal processing for satellite/wireless communications/networking and radar applications.
In the above context, SnT-SIGCOM is looking for highly qualified applicants in the following positions:
- 1 Research Scientist (Permanent Position) in Software Defined Radio Prototyping
- 13 Post-Doc positions in:
- Beamforming, Precoding and Multiuser Scheduling
- Signal Processing and Communications (2 positions )
- 5G Wireless Communications & Networking (2 positions)
- Satellite Communications Systems (2 positions)
- UAV-Assisted Communications for 5G and Beyond Wireless Networks
- Ultra-Reliable and Low-Latency Communications for 5G and Beyond Wireless Networks
- Research Associate (Postdoc) in Algorithmic aspects of network slicing over next generation satellite systems
- Research Associate (Postdoc) in SDN and NFV as key enablers for SatCom integration into 5G ecosystem
- Research Associate (Postdoc) in Beyond 5G/6G Wireless Communications Technologies
- Research Associate in software defined 5G protocol stack
- Research Associate in Real-Time Signal Processing
- 9 PhD positions in:
- Waveform Design and Signal Processing for Multistatic Radars
- Wireless Communications Technologies for Beyond 5G/6G Networks
- Flow management for resilient backhauling in 5G and beyond integrated satellite-terrestrial networks
- Demand-based optimization of Multi-beam Satellite Communications Systems using Active Antennas (M/F)
- Dynamic spectrum management for emerging integrated SatCom and 5G networks
- Hybrid satellite-terrestrial connectivity solutions for emerging IoT/MTC systems
- Modeling, optimization and reconfiguration of hybrid MEO/GEO satellite networks for integrated service delivery
- Beyond 5G/6G Wireless Communications Technologies (M/F)
- Resource Slicing for UAV Communications and Control in 5G and Beyond Wireless Networks (M/F)
- 2 Research Support technician positions (BSc holders) in:
- Sensor fusion
- 5G Non-Terrestrial Networks
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education.
The University of Luxembourg ranks 17 worldwide in the Young University Rankings 2019 and the top 90 universities worldwide in Computer Science according to Times Higher Education (THE). It is in rank 76-100 worldwide in the ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019 - Telecommunication Engineering.
Research in Luxembourg
Luxembourg offers a competitive international business landscape with state of the art research facilities. It has been recognized as a European Innovation Leader with an international mindset and global collaboration opportunities. For more details, click here.
The working conditions in Luxembourg are highly competitive in an international level and offer ample career opportunities.
For a complete list of open positions and in order to apply, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2Cb2PGl
Offers will be issued as soon as possible to highly-qualified early applicants.