Vessel IT Engineer
Location: London or Singapore
Job type: Permanent
Lomar is a privately-owned ship owning and management company, diversified fleet of over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers, and chemical and product tankers. We are the principal subsidiary of the Libra Group, a diverse international business group that is active in 35 countries across six continents, focusing on six business areas: aviation, energy, hospitality, real estate, shipping and diversified investments. Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical and product tankers.
The Vessel IT Engineer will be a part of our IT Department and be responsible for managing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading the on-board IT infrastructure of Lomar Shipping vessels, reporting to the IT Manager.
The successful candidate will provide remote IT support, and when required on-board support on our vessels. The position offers development in IT knowledge and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
The candidate will be an ambitious, self-motivated, fast learner with a can-do attitude and a genuine interest in all aspects of IT Support.
Responsibilities of the Vessel IT Engineer:
- Provide remote support to vessels, crew and on-board support (when needed)
- Install, configure and troubleshooting physical/virtual machines, laptops, printers, mobiles, tablets, storage systems and network devices (hardware, operating systems and software applications)
- Participate in the design and implementation of our vessels' IT infrastructure
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Perform system and network updates/upgrades
- Maintain IT security and backup solutions
- Liaise with vendors, email providers and other IT personnel for problem resolution or when new tasks are needed
- Provide out-of-hours /weekend support as part of an on-call rota.
Requirements of the Vessel IT Engineer:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications (MS Windows server, Windows 10, MS Office, Hyper-V, Active Directory), antivirus, Cisco, UPS, firewall, networking, backup and replication systems (certifications will be considered a plus)
- Knowledge of hardware troubleshooting, data cabling
- Knowledge of ship automation systems will be a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and flexibility to work prolonged hours
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Vessel IT Engineer, then please apply now by sending your CV at Careers@lomarshipping.com .