School of Mineral Resources Engineering
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM in PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
Call for Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year
Following the successful operation of the Postgraduate Program in “Petroleum Engineering” in the last 6 years, the School of Mineral Resources Engineering of the Technical University of Crete (Greece) invites applications to the Program for the academic year 2020-2021.
The Program aims to provide graduate students with a scientific background and applied knowledge in the fields of oil and natural gas exploration and production, and it leads to a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree in Petroleum Engineering.
Courses are taught in English. The curriculum comprises of two semesters of full-time course work, which account for a total of 50 credits (ECTs). It provides our graduates with all the theoretical and practical aspects of knowledge, including hands-on experience with industrial software that will allow them to work efficiently in the ever-demanding oil-industry working environment. After successfully completing the courses, the students undertake a thesis worth 10 credits. The fees of the program are 4,000€. Especially, the fees for students coming from Greece, Cyprus, Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro and North Macedonia are covered by scholarships, provided by “Hellenic Petroleum S.A.”.
Up to 20 students can be admitted to the Petroleum Engineering postgraduate program, holding a Higher Education degree in Engineering or in a relevant field of Science.
The successful candidates will be selected by the Steering Committee of the Program after considering the applicants' qualifications, the relevance of their qualifications to the Program’s curriculum, as well as the applicants’ motivation and
The following documents should be submitted with each application:
- Application form (available at the Program’s web site)
- Copies of the degrees and relevant documents (in Greek or English)
- Academic transcript showing the grades for each course taken (in Greek or English)
- Proof of competence and fluency in the English language (Lower level or higher)
- Detailed CV indicating scientific, research, industrial, etc. experience
- Two reference letters (the form is available at the web site of the Program, submitted directly from the referees email address)
Applications may be submitted online in our webpage from 01/02/2020. Deadlines are:
- 31/05/2020 for International non-EU applicants
- 31/08/2020 for EU applicants
The official start of the course is September 30th 2020.
More information may be requested from program’s officer (Mrs. Christina Karavoulia, tel. +30 28210 37702, email@example.com) or from the Director of the Program (Professor N. Pasadakis, tel. +30 28210 37669)